Planning A Park Bag

 Packing a park bag can be equally as stressful as planning the entire Disney trip. I am constantly asking "Do I need this?" or "Do I need that?" and honestly it varies on who will be with you at the park. First, we will talk about the size of my bag. I am your typical Disney adult and I only use a Loungefly backpack. Which one do I use? It depends on my Disney Bound for the day of course! You'd be surprised how much you can fit in them. 
  

  1. Hydration is KEY in the Florida heat. Collapsible waters bottles are fantastic to save space when needed and great to get a quick refill. 

    2. I am constantly falling apart so my best friend carries a small bag of meds for me, but I recommend everyone have an emergency med kit for the long day. Those meds include Tylenol and Ibuprofen. Tums for random theme park food heartburn. Dramamine for when I get on Guardians of the Galaxy and really any other ride with screens. Band-Aids for shoe blisters. Last but not least, Liquid IV for hydration boosts. (Especially needed in E.P.C.O.T)

3. The humidity is real. When there is skin and humidity you are prone to chaffing. I've tried a few different things to help with chaffing and I always have a thing of Body Glide in my bag. It does need to be reapplied a few times which can be awkward rubbing a stick on your inner thighs in the middle of a theme park but its better than chub-rub.

4. An extra MagicBand is so crucial for me now. For my last trip I got a limited-edition Figment MagicBand. I was on Big Thunder Mountain and then went to the Country Bear Jamboree, somewhere between those two places my MagicBand disappeared. I had a reservation for Tron and needed to scan my MagicBand to get on the ride. Panicking I ran over to the guest service umbrella and put in a lost and found report. Unfortunately, I had to buy a new band for the rest of the trip but now I know to always have an extra to avoid spending $80 on MagicBands for one trip. The cool thing was when I got home, they found my band and shipped it to my house so now I'll always have an extra.

5. Florida likes to rain for all of 10 minutes and then stop. When you're stuck in an unexpected downpour you need one thing. That one thing is a disposable poncho. I get mine off amazon for a very good price and they are individually wrapped for anyone else who may need one too. You can never have too many.

6. My Disney Experience is an app that holds all of your trip's information. To access this, you will need a cellular device. Using a device all day drains the battery so keep on hand a portable charger. This will also be useful for charging a MagicBand+ if you buy a new one or yours runs out of battery.

7. A small coin purse does just the trick if you like to collect park pennies. I put them all in the coin purse and transfer them into the booklet once I'm back in my hotel room.

8. Hair ties or claw clips. Having your hair down for pictures is all the rage but when that heat hits you, the first thing you do is pull your hair up!

One more tip I have is to always make sure you have enough room to hold a new set of Mickey ears. You may plan to wear the ones you took with you all day, but we all know it's so hard to resist buying the set of ears we find. If you want to be extra prepared, they do make a keychain you can connect to your bag to hold extra ears. You can find these on Esty. 

Making sure you are fully prepared for the day is so important. Disney World days are very long so it is essential to prepare yourself, that way you have the most magical trip.

Comments