Should you "Be Our Guest" ?

 Magic Kingdom has exactly 31 places you can chose to eat. It may be extremely overwhelming when narrowing down your choices on where you want to eat. Whenever I go to Disney, I like to try all new restaurants so I can give my full-on review and opinion on each place. I want to talk about a place that has the theming down to a T, but does it match up to the hype?     

The Be Our Guest restaurant is entirely themed around the classic Beauty and The Beast movie. As you walk into the Beast's castle you become engulfed in enchantment as you are fully amerced into a Tale As Old As Time. There are three different rooms you are able to eat in. The Grand Ballroom, The West Wing, and The Rose Gallery.

Theming:

The Grand Ballroom is beautiful. There is so much detail from the cherub covered ceiling to the big glass windows where it continues to snow during your entire meal. Giant dimly lit chandeliers hang
from the ceiling and meals are whirled through the room to all of the hungry guests. When eating in this room it feels like you're truly at a Royal banquet. The entire room glows with luxury due to the deep blues and golds that cascade from wall to wall. 

The West Wing is where the Beast expresses himself in not the most productive way. In this dining area there is very little light and the room is lit by candle chandeliers. You will also find that a thunder storm has come. The curtains have been shredded and the rose is beginning to drop its pedals. 

The Rose Gallery is a simple yet elegant room that displays Belle and The Beast on a music box type display. This room is bright and whimsical and shows Belle and Beast's most memorable moments. 

Something I would have liked to see more of in the theming aspect would have been dishes or furniture come to life. It would be cute if your glasses were shipped like Chip, Or if you were able to see Lumiere or Cogsworth. The only thing that really felt "Beauty and The Beast" to me was the design of the walls surrounding you. Nothing felt immersive which is always a huge part of the Disney Magic.

Atmosphere:

When having lunch at Be Our Guest I felt as though we were at any other restaurant. Though your surroundings are beautiful, the volume in these rooms were at an all time high. When sitting down at a table of four, I felt as though I had to yell just for my friends to hear me. The Cast member that was serving us was incredible and very attentive.

Food:

Be Our Guest is a Pre-Fixe meal which means there is one price for Lunch or Dinner and you are able to choose One of the few options they give you. There is a three course meal that includes and appetizer an entree and a dessert. To start off your meal you are given warm dinner rolls and a huge slab of butter. Next, was the appetizer I chose the french onion soup. This was honestly one of the best soups I have ever had. I'm not entirely sure if it was because I was starving or if it was the two inch thick glob of melted cheese on the top. The soup was full of flavor and absolutely hit the spot! For my entree I chose the grilled filet mignon sided with mashed potatoes, veggies, and a sauce. The entree was sub-par. I will admit I am not a huge steak eater but this entree did not really impress me. If you're a huge steak fan you might really enjoy it, but for me I took a few bites and I was done. Last but not least is Dessert. They offer a Dessert trio that includes a Lemon Jam Macaron, a Dark Chocolate Truffle and a Chocolate Tart. The Lemon Jam Macaron was nice and light with a very fruity filling. I believe it was raspberry. The Chocolate Truffle was bite sized and has a burst of citrus due to the Grand Mariner filling. Definitely a hidden punch of flavor. Last but not least the Chocolate Truffle. It has a white chocolate coin on it with our favorite little guy on it. When they said "Try the Grey stuff its delicious" they were not messing around! The grey stuff was a cookies and creme mouse with little decorative pearls. This was my favorite dessert out of the trio. I would take three of them instead! 
 

Overall Review:

Be Our Guest is the great place to go if you are a Beauty and the Beast fan. With it being a character dining experience you are able to watch Beast walk by your table. When I say that I mean, he briskly makes and appearance and waves in each room and then leaves. For the price of character dining there isn't much character dining happening. I wish as though there were more things that would immerse you into the Beast castle. The atmosphere was dark and loud but the detailing was beautifully done. The food was alright but they didn't really have anything that I couldn't get at my local restaurant. For the pricing of this elegant eatery it was simply a one and done restaurant for me. 

Final Rating:



Comments